What is the ASTYM system?
The ASTYM system is an evidence-based rehabilitation process designed to effectively treat chronic tendon disorders, scar tissue and fibrosis. The goal of the ASTYM treatment is to stimulate the body's healing response, resulting in the resorption and remodeling of scar tissue and the regeneration of degenerative tendons. This effective therapy incorporates a customized program of stretching and exercise, which positively influences the alignment of the new collagen.
How can the ASTYM treatment benefit patients?
The ASTYM system optimizes patients' ability to regain function and return to normal, active lifestyles. The system offers many benefits:
- Resolves tough, chronic conditions, even where other treatments have failed
- Rapidly resolves pain and increases functional ability (in just 4- 5 weeks)
- Delivers long-term results
- Encourages patients to stay active in their work, sport or activity
- Offers positive and predictable results, supported by outcomes
- Evidence-based process that is supported by extensive research
Diagnoses that respond well to the ASTYM treatment:
- Post-surgical Scarring
- Post-traumatic Scarring
- Lateral Epicondylosis (Tennis Elbow)
- Medial Epicondylosis (Golfer's Elbow)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- DeQuervain's Tenosynovitis
- Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy
- Plantar Fasciopathy
- Chronic Ankle Sprains
- Achilles Tendinosis
- Shin Splints
- Anterior Knee Pain
- Patellar tendinosis
- Hamstring Strains
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome (ITBS), also known as IT Band Syndrome
- Hip Pain / Trochanteric Bursitis
- Sacroiliac (SI) / Low Back Pain
- Most Chronic Tendinopathies
How effective is the ASTYM system?
Clinical outcomes from across the country indicate that 88% of all patients treated with the ASTYM system achieve improved function and decreased pain; even if the condition is chronic and previous treatment has been unsuccessful.